Dr. Anthony Barcel
Lower Leg / Foot & Ankle
Dr. Barcel is a foot and ankle trained orthopaedic surgeon, applying both operative and non-operative techniques in the treatment of conditions of the lower extremity to reduce pain and restore function.
Dr. Barcel Specializes In:
- Fractures and joint injuries of the foot and ankle
- Arthritis management including ankle replacement
- Sports injuries including cartilage preservation and ligament/tendon reconstruction in both athletes and non-athletes
- Bunions, hammertoes, neuromas and other conditions of the forefoot
- Conditions of the arch including both flatfeet and high arches
- Foot deformity correction
- Treatment of diabetic conditions of the foot and ankle including Charcot arthropathy and limb salvage
- General orthopaedic trauma
Dr. Barcel completed his medical degree at the Quillen College of Medicine in Johnson City, TN. He continued his training as a resident in orthopaedic surgery at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, SC. He subsequently completed a foot and ankle fellowship at OrthoCarolina in Charlotte, NC. He is looking forward to serving the residents of the upstate community and surrounding areas.